Make it Monday……bow tie cake toppers
These cute little cake topper bow ties are gorgeous. Perfect if you’re having a dessert table or cupcake favours. They also make lovely decor for a bridal shower or how about place names…all you need to do is attach a little flag to the cocktail stick and then just stand it in a marshmallow!
1. Cut your fabric to size for each bow tie cut one 6 inch by 3 inch piece plus another 1 inch by 1 inch piece.
2. Turn your fabric so the backside is facing you and fold up the bottom long end and fold down the top long end to meet in the middle.
3. Fold each short end into the half way point, joining them together in the middle and leaving you with the back of a basic bow tie.
4. Hot glue this portion down and together with one small dab in the middle backside of the fabric.
6. Take your small piece of fabric and fold it into thirds. Wrap it around the middle of your bow tie and secure on the backside with a small dab of glue. This little piece should effectively hide all your previous glue dots and will complete the front of your tie.
7. Using one more dots of glue attach a toothpick or small dowel to the back side of your bow tie.
8. Voila! All done!
5. Using your fingers scrunch down the backside oft he bow tie creating small pleats. Use a few dabs of glue to secure these pleats and hold into place until the glue dries (about 30 seconds).
Powered by Facebook Comments